Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Disney Entertainment Audition!

O.M.G.

SO I went to the character audition in Ann Arbor today...

AND IM MADE IT THRU THE FINAL CUT

SERIOUSLY cant believe it. I know it doesnt necessarily mean anything, but just that they are considering me out of all those people that showed up...blows my mind!

Here's what happened:

So i got to the audition an hour before check in started, which was at 10:30. Thankfully the opened the doors and let us in at 10 to get settled. From there we got measured and put our basic info down like name and email. this process took well over a half hour because there was about 130 people there!! 
We were scheduled to start at 11, but they waited for the last few people to check in, so we started at 11:15ish. All 130 of us were cramed into a small room and this is where the leader told us the basics. Such as what being an entertainer at DIsney World means and that they are only looking for certain spots to fill so they encourage you to try out again if you dont make it!

From there we learned the first dance. Im not going to give away details, but its just a simple dance with a mini animation before hand :) easy stuff! we practiced it over and over, then they split us into two groups of 60. My group went first

So in rows of 4 we performed the mini animation and dance, moving across the floor toward the judge. I made sure to ham it up as MUCH as possible, dancing with huge movements and giving it my all! it was one shot, so i made sure to make it count! after that we left the room and the next 60 did the dance. once they were finished we all got back together in the room. This whole process took just over an hour from when we started at 11:15.

From here he explained a little more about being a character performer and basically told everyone to not be sad if they didn't make it. he said they expect to see 2,000 people this season alone, and there are only around 150 spots. From here he read the numbers....

i was number 20 so i knew my pain would be over quickly. I figured with my height and build, i would not be chosen....but when he called my number I had to try so hard to keep from crying. i was SO EXCITED that they considered me to move on. All the friends I had made unfortunately didnt get to proceed, so as i stayed while the majority left, i suddenly knew no one. The group of 130 now shrunk to 40. NOW i was nervous.

Once  again, I don't want to reveal to much but I had to do a huge animation sequence, something they have never done before in any audition, so we were the guinea pigs. Lets just say you had to truly take on the persona of a character and animate your HEART out. They had us do it again and again and would give us critiques on what to change or add. Then we learned another dance, MUCH harder than the first. This one consided of complicated dance steps that i was horrible at. But the choreographer ensured that it wasnt about the dance, it was about your personality and shining even when you failed the dance.

So we practiced the animation and dance a few times and eventually got dismissed and would return in groups of 5 to officially audition. I was the second group to go, and i was nervous.... but yet not. I knew if i was myself, there was nothing more i could do. They would either like me or they wouldnt! so i gave it all i had, and made sure they wouldnt forget my face :) we did the animation once, and dance twice afterwords. Then we were dismissed and allowed to go home! Some people where called back for a question, but he said that people that were finished could get it and the people called back may not. The call back was just to answer a simple question or take another picture for face or something like that. He said if he knew he wanted you, there was nothing else to ask so thats why he didnt call some people back. 

Walking out of there I felt SO WONDERFUL. It was well worth the 2.5 hour drive.... and to know im in the running... i cant handle the wait!!! He said they had one week of auditions left, and then they would start sending out emails, and we would hear back no later than Nov 15.... this is going to be a longggg wait. 
Im trying not to get my hopes up, because a lot of people make it to the end, just to not make it... but at least i can say i made it that far!! My fingers are crossed that ill get that email....to be "friends" with someone would be a dream come true... i cant imagine being given the opportunity to bring characters to life

it wouldnt get any better than that :) so ill just be over here, impatiently waiting for a response from casting.... hahaha

If you can Dream it you can Do it <3

No comments:

Post a Comment