Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Return to Civilization

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end... as of a few days ago, I returned to Michigan. And I found coming home to be one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. It didn't hit me until i finally got to the GR airport that I had left my home.... I feel as though Michigan is now some foreign place, and all I want to do is go back to Disney...

the last few weeks of my program where honestly incredible. I had some of the best days of my entire program... From the Starlit Splash at Typhoon Lagoon to participating in Goofy Con, everything was so incredible. I also had many days off my last week, which most CP's dont get, but i was fortunate enough to receive. I spent every day in the parks, including going to Islands of Adventure at Universal one day. I saw Fantasmic at every chance I got, because i fell so deeply in love with the show <3


Graduation was an emotional event, filled with catered food, characters in graduation outfits and receiving our diplomas. I was able to go with all 5 of my roomates, it was one of very few times during the entire 4 months where we were all available to be together. After graduation I was even able to attend an rare event that filled up within the first few hours of being posted with Meg Crofton, president of Disney. She shared her story of how she got to her position, and this brought me to tears with the thought of my future career with Disney, and where I may go... 

This Disney College Program is honestly the best thing that has ever happened to me. It allowed me to find my place in the world, and I truly believe that is with Disney. I cant wait to finish my final year at GVSU, and receive my diploma in May so that I can head back down to Disney on a Professional Internship! Im still waiting to hear back on wether or not I got the Campus Rep position, I should be hearing back within the next week or so....

For now Im trying my best to fit back into reality... I return to work at Tractor Supply tomorrow, and its going to take every fiber of my being to not refer to little girls as princesses and say "have a magical day!". It is wonderful to see my family and friends again... I just wish I could take them all with me down to Disney so my life could be complete <3 

I miss Disney so much, and its only been 4 days... Im hoping to keep myself together by watching Disney movies and staring at all my pictures from the program. And hopefully learn how to not feel so sad when i see Mickey Mouse or a Disney commercial... I think it may take some time.
I will never forget these last 4 months.... they were the beginning of my incredible future with the Disney Company.... and I am so grateful for the opportunity to be apart of the DCP.
     
 ~Disney College Program Spring 2013 Alumni <3


No comments:

Post a Comment