Wednesday, March 27, 2013


So here I am, only a little over a month left of my program... and its as good as ever here in Disney World. Im still loving my job, my roomates and everything about Disney.
Although it is spring break, and things are kinda crazy (magic kingdom going to full capactiy by 11am...), its still the happiest place on earth. Of course there have been a few bumps here and there, between difficult guests or struggling with my online classes, but its still totally worth it.

My coworkers, managers, and coordinators are all wonderful people. It makes me so excited to come back here and work. The time to apply for an extension has come and gone, i was very tempted but I know i have to go home to finish school. And i know if i would have gotten offered a character attendant position, i would not be able to say no. After next year, I will have my degree and then I can come back down here and do a professional internship if everything works out as planned :)

For a while, i literally feared the thought of going home... i love it to much to leave this behind. But after my family visited last week, I realized what I have at home, and now I think i can accept going home in May. And to know that i WILL be back here, no matter what, for a second program, helps alot. This place will always be a part of me...

I applied to be a campus rep also, so even when I go home, Disney will be with me :) I cant wait to recruit people from GVSU, I could talk about the DCP alllll day long. I think ill make a great rep <3
My Disney Heritage class is pretty much the most wonderful thing ever. I get to learn everything there is to know about the Walt Disney company, and the more I learn the more I fall in love with Disney <3 I never realized how much of an impact Disney as a whole has on the world. It seriously is one the the greatest companies ever known to man, when you finally realize everything they play a part in.

And after learning all this, it makes me want to be a part of it for the rest of my life even more. Im starting to network more and more with different people, to see what kind of path it takes to get into management and the different roles that are out there. Im thinking possibly guest relations or travel planner, but who knows. 

As for the present, there hasnt been a single day i have not spent in the parks or at least went to a park even for a moment. Im living it up as much as possible... i never want to lose a day here...tomorrow im volunteering for Give Kids the World, im super excited to be apart of that, im sure it will be tons of fun.
So for those of you wondering, being a cast member is one of the greatest things in the world (if that isnt already obvious to you), and im so blessed to call myself one <3 every day here is a new adventure, and i love every moment...

The happiest place on earth is calling, so more updates to come later :) 

thanks for reading <3

enjoy some pics from when my family visited last week....

No comments:

Post a Comment