Monday, January 28, 2013

Traditions and Orientation


Well its been nothing but busy busy busy down here in Disney! I completed traditions and orientation, and tomorrow is already my 3rd and final day of training! it is all moving so quickly!!! 
Well i promised to do a post about traditions…but honestly, i dont want to give much away. All i will say, is its a 4 hour process (PAID!!) and lets just say you learn the heritage and values of Disney. it happens on your 3rd or 4th day after check in. you willl either have it in the morning or afternoon. Now all 5 of my roomates had it in the afternoon, even though we all checked in at the same time, so it is completely random. And even if you do have the same traditions, you are broken down into smaller groups from there, so you may not know anyone in your group, which gives you the opportunity to meet new people :) The first part is quiet boring, but after the first part, lets just say i was brought to tears more than once during it all. It makes you truly proud to work for Disney! Thats all im going to reveal about traditions :) just make sure you are within the disney look of course!!
My orientation happened to be on saturday. now this various for everyone. one of my roomates had hers the day after traditions, i have another roomate that didnt have hers until TUESDAY, almost a whole week after traditions. it just really depends on when a trainer is available to train you.
Theres not much to say about Orientation, because it varies based on your role. It can be located right at your work location or it could be at Disney University. Mine took place in the main office of Hollywood studios. We took a nice long tour, and did alot of e-learning about safety and all that. This was when i found out exactly where i was working… MUPPETS!! :)
Not going to lie, at first i was very disappointed  I really had my eyes set on the great movie ride or american idol. But as i started training, i found out i LOVE the people and roles at Muppets :) im very happy where I am at! 
The length of training really depends on your role and such. I only have 3 days of training, compared to my roomate who has over a week. Just depends on the difficulty of the job!
So that is all that is new here at Disney :) lately i have been so exhausted, training hours are long and difficult to be honest, and when i get home, all i can do is lay around because im so exhausted  but it looks like next week im switching to 6 hour shifts, which should be perfect. i get 2 days off a week, and they are back to back, which is really nice :) So i am still loving it here <3
im still in shock about being here… i cant believe im working for Disney. It still hasnt hit me, and im not sure if it will. haha. I met with one of my head managers today, and already discussed my hopes to have a career with Disney! I hope there is lot to look forward to with my future here <3

No comments:

Post a Comment